This “frostapocalyptic” title has now an endless mode and new mechanics.
Polish indie game developers at 11 bit studios have announced today the release of a massive free DLC for their frozen waste survival city builder and management title Frostpunk. With this new addition, owners of the base game will be getting 2 new game modes as well as an endless features and brand new mechanics to keep players engaged.
With the endless mode DLC, 11 bit studios has added two brand new game modes designed for those who wanted a less time-limited experience bound to natural disasters and menaces always looming around the corner and forcing a more pragmatic approach to the game. In endless mode players will be able to focus on city building, resource gathering, relic finding and decorating their “frostapocalyptic” metropolis.
This new batch of free content also adds more lore and story bits to unlock through scavenging and exploration. Relics and treasures await to be unearthed and placed at the brand new “Archives”, where players will be able to showcase their progress and findings, just like a museum.
The 2 new game modes are called Serenity and Endurance. In the first ones we’ll be able to concentrate more on our city building skills, decoration and lore discovery, while Endurance mode holds a harder survival experience branded by fewer availability of resources and more frequent natural hazards to prepare for.
Aside from this new huge free DLC, Frostpunk developers also released a list of fixes to some of the game’s features:
- People can no longer be arrested while all the wardens are busy, for example building something
- Gravely ill should head to Infirmary more timely
- Hungry or ill people on scout teams no longer make completing certain quests impossible
- Wall Drill line has now proper heating level progression
- Using RMB to move the camera no longer closes the construction panel
- Videos should no longer disappear after using Alt+Tab
- Fixed a bug with Automaton Scouts not always revealing new sites
- The economy panel now shows the correct number of free places in a Care House
- Fixed a bug which sometimes caused the list of saved games to disappear from Save menu
- Automatons assigned to Charcoal Kilns are now counted towards the quest goal in The Arks
- Fixed an exploit with rebuilding the Outpost for extra Coal in The Fall of Winterhome
- Shadow rendering system optimization and quality improvements
- Other small fixes and tweaks
As said above, Frostpunk’s endless DLC is available now and for free for everyone who owns the base game.
Our boy from Buenos Aires, Juan has been a gamer for as long as he can remember (and possibly even longer than that). He loves a good story, and believes every indie game has a compelling one to tell.