Adding new ships, game modes and increased rewards.
Stargem Games and Gaijin Entertainment have today announced that a new update for their online space action title Star Conflict. The update, titled Update 1.5.9 concludes the big series of changes and improvements that have gone into the game during Autumn. Now, newcomers will be able to delve right into the game more quickly, while hardened veterans will find more opportunities to upgrade their space fleet and the ability to make a fortune using the automated trading system. Some of the key features that this update will be including are:
- Jericho Command Fighter ‘Pilgrim’: The ‘Pilgrim’ is the first ship in Star Conflict with the ability to perform an “emergency landing”, allowing it to quickly land on the surface of a planet or station. Surplus energy no longer needed by the engines will be used to cover the ship under an additional, protective shield and to increase both range and firepower of the ship’s main weapons. Now, even a deserted asteroid can become a deadly weapons platform!
- Test Drive: Players can now try the feats of their ships, including the “emergency landing” option, using the new “Test Drive” function. In a safe sector in space, players can try weapons, defences, flight dynamics and the function of all combat modules of any ship, even before it has been purchased.
- Two new locations: Two brand-new locations now extend the galaxy of Star Conflict. On “Huron”, which features an abandoned base in orbit around a gas giant, players will have to prove their piloting skills while fighting amidst the debris of the station’s wreckage and asteroids. “Terminal D”, which is located directly above the surface of an earth-like planet, offers players a beautiful view on what could be easily mistaken as the cradle of humanity – if they can spare a moment during the fast-paced combat.
- New ‘Brawls’ game mode: ‘Brawls’ are a new mode of distinctive encounters defined by special rules and victory conditions, which will change every other week to offer especially veteran Star Conflict players new and exciting opportunities to play the game. Currently available in ‘Brawls’ are the modes ‘Beacon Capture’, ‘Survival’, ‘Combat Recon’ and ‘Spaceboll’.
- Increased rewards: With every new player level, pilots will now receive a Premium license valid for two days as a gift. Premium licenses double the experience and rewards gained in battle and will allow new players in particular to quickly develop their fleets and explore the most distant corners of the galaxy.
If you are interested, be sure to check out the Star Conflict’s Steam page and download the game for free.
Hey look, it’s Jack, The Indie Game Website’s resident Australian! Fan of Shovel Knight, Hollow Knight and all things metroidvania. Part of our core news team, Jack believes games are more than just entertainment.