Pixel perfect retro side-scroller launches next week on PC and consoles.
Battle Princess Madelyn, developed and created by Causal Bit Games, follows the journey of a young knight in training, Madelyn, and her ghostly pet dog Fritzy. They set out on a journey to save her kingdom and her family from the clutches of an evil wizard. Set in the vein of Ghouls ‘N Ghosts and Wonder Boy 3: The Dragon’s Trap, the instantly classic and familiar gameplay will transport old-school gamers back to their heyday. The self-adjusting difficulty will allow for even the most novice of gamer to pick up and play.
The game features:
- Amazingly detailed hand drawn pixel art brought to life by the magical lighting of the Unity Engine.
- Two completely different soundtracks to suit your tastes: Classic Arcade FM/PCM to set the hectic pacing, or Modern Orchestrated to set the mood for the scene by Gryzor87 of Maldita Castilla fame.
- A mix of fast paced classic arcade action with the adventure elements of classic console games from the golden age of console gaming.
- Battle Princess Madelyn has two modes of game play: Arcade which is fast paced old school action and Story mode for the full adventure experience of questing and the battle princess.
- Find all of the collectibles hidden throughout the stages for extra rewards, and additional hidden stages.
- 10 levels, each of which include up to 5 stages – some of which branch.
- Masses of upgradable weapons that depend on your armour in arcade mode, or having the upgraded at the blacksmith in story mode.
- Special weapons for special occasions and some of these grant access to secret areas.
- An original story written by a professional children’s author.
Battle Princess Madelyn will launch on Steam, PS4, Xbox One and Switch on the 6th of December.
A fan of indie RPGs, Andrew splits his time between grinding for XP, and writing about grinding for XP. As well as running our news section, Andrew eats a medically inadvisable amount of Marmite.