Survived By was announced at The Game Awards and counts with the support of Warframe’s Digital Extremes.
Digital Extremes brought their new free to play MMO roguelite Survived By to yesterday night’s The Game Awards show in what was one of the dozen or so world premiers that we were able to see. Creators of the MMO looter-shooter Warframe have partnered up with indie developers at Human Head Studios to bring this new title to PC.
Survived By is a pixel-art online roguelite where players take control of a character that probably won’t last long, so try to keep things with no strings attached for now. In this permadeath experience we’ll see generations upon generations of fighters try to honor their ancestors by reaching a little bit further in their quest to slaughter every beast and monster through the endless fields outside their hometown.
But the cool and appealing thing about this game is the chance it gives players of engaging in cooperative gameplay with other players, allowing for raids and huge battles to take place in this world, some having seen many generations pass by and get killed as soon as they step out of their town, other playing through their first couple of lifetimes.
Survived By has been in a beta stage for a couple of months and now enters Early Access with a brand new trailer showcased yesterday to the millions of spectators all around the world of The Game Awards. The list of features, as stated by Human Head Studios developers go as follows:
- Challenging and approachable gameplay filled with rewards for logging in and a wide range of loot scattered about.
- Permadeath is just the beginning: whenever a character dies it loses almost everything, being afterwards “survived by” a new member of its family, which carries some of the DNA left behind by its ancestors.
- Community: the beta stage allowed developers to add new content to Survived By, like new storyline quests, dungeons and rotating events.
- Crafting: Survived By comes with a crafting system that allows players to customize their battle gear and play styles.
- Economy: it seems Digital Extremes has exported their fully free to play system from Warframe to this title, as players can trade items for valuable currency, with no paywalls or blocked content.
Survived By is available right now for free through Steam.
Our boy from Buenos Aires, Juan has been a gamer for as long as he can remember (and possibly even longer than that). He loves a good story, and believes every indie game has a compelling one to tell.