Watch the very jazzy new trailer.
With Desert Child slated for release tomorrow, Oscar Brittain and Akupara Games have released a brand new jazzy trailer which showcases the game’s unique personality. The hoverbike racing simulation game will be coming to PC, Nintendo Switch, PS4 on December 11th, and Xbox One on December 12th.
With a soundtrack that will make you want to bob your head and an art style that looks like a pixelated Andy Warhol painting, Desert Child tells the story of a racer down on his luck. Tasked with getting together enough money through racing and other jobs, this dude is desperate to get to Mars. Once on the red planet, the racer will enter the biggest race in the universe, the Grand Prix.
According to Steam, some of the game’s main features are:
- Hunt bounties, deliver pizzas, throw races – do anything you can to earn cash
- Explore a pixel-art solar system inspired by Cowboy Bebop, Akira and Redline
- Customize your beloved bike with Guns, Amplifiers and shameless advertising
- Dine on a range of interplanetary cuisine with sweet buffs to help you win
- Master deep combat and racing mechanics and define your own style
- Race, shoot, and get better! Designed for replayability, with secrets that keep you coming back
- Chill to a original lo-fi hip-hop soundtrack
- Challenge your friends through local multiplayer
To find out even more about Desert Child, visit the game’s Steam page, where it will be released tomorrow at $11.99.
Kate has been gaming since she could control a mouse. In addition to having a penchant for indie games, Kate had a World of Warcraft account when she was far too young, and has a weakness for any game with ‘RPG’ in the description.