This isometric brawler with tower defense elements has just landed on Microsoft’s console.
Polish independent studio Nano Games announced today the release of their co-op strategic space shooter Zamb! in its Redux version, out now on Microsoft’s Xbox One. Zamb! Biomutant Extermination had been released back in 2014 for PC and got mixed reviews.
Today, Cracow based studio Nano Games was excited to inform about the release of the Redux version for Xbox One. The game can be played in a single player mode or a co-op mode for a joint experience between players.
Zamb! Redux is an isometric space shooter with tower defense elements where players take the role of Cye and Chrome, two “space agents” taking on the task of stopping an army of mutants controlled by the antagonist of this story, the mad scientist Dr. Hundertwasser.
Their two distinct playstyles begs for player cooperation, even when users choose a single player experience, as understanding the skills and perks of both characters is vital as they get paired with an AI. Cye is a “shoot first, ask questions later”, while Chrome is defined as a calm tactician who thinks first and acts later.
As Nano Games states in its latest press release, Zamb! Redux features:
- 29 stages to dominate and 3 environments to conquer – hack reactors in 29 action-packed arenas and take over the mad scientist’s asteroid base
- 14 Powers and Turrets – combining your strategic mind with a brawling skill set, you’ll have to use everything at your disposal to defeat the waves of mutants
- Over 200 upgrades for each character – increase your range, power up your damage, or upgrade your AoE radius to better dispose of the vile mutants
- 13 unique enemies – defend against mutant wasps, scorpions with blasters, exploding ticks, and titanic crusher bugs
- 3 challenging bosses – face off against the mad scientist’s most destructive scientific experiments
- Replayability – unlock achievements and star-award challenges in every level and earn bragging rights
Tower Defense elements add great depth and planning options, while the game’s brawler nature also grants adrenaline and fast-paced gameplay. It’s also worth mentioning Zamb’s great-looking comic-style narrative to complete the mix.
Players can download the game for Xbox One for $19.99 from the official Microsoft Store.
Our boy from Buenos Aires, Juan has been a gamer for as long as he can remember (and possibly even longer than that). He loves a good story, and believes every indie game has a compelling one to tell.