Can you survive the dungeons of Ekzera?
Songbringer, the action RPG from publisher and developer Double Eleven in partnership with Wizard Fu Games is now available on Nintendo Switch! Also included in the Nintendo Switch of the game are all of the previous updates, as well as the free DLC The Trial of Ren. For those who don’t know however, Songbringer follows a lighthearted adventure following a lovable partier’s accidental awakening of an ancient evil and invites you into its alien world of Ekzera, a mysterious land filled with a ton of clever secrets, dangerous species and powerful treasures. Players influence each quest’s map by choosing a six-letter seed when beginning a new save file, ensuring Ekzera’s sprawling overworld remains unpredictable every time a new journey begins.
Only by surviving the dangerous dungeons hidden across Ekzera, befriending the planet’s more friendly inhabitants and awakening the dormant power within themsevles will players stand a chance at conquering the challenges awaiting them in Songbringer. The game is also set to feature:
- Single-player action with optional local co-op
- Player-influenced overworld layouts so that no two adventures ever feel the same
- Gorgeously fluid pixel art visuals
- Original soundtrack altered by a player’s generation of each overworld
- Accessible but intense combat
- Quirky weaponry and items including a flingable top hat, red party cup and hallucinogenic cacti
- Combinable items: for example, ghost sword + lightning cube = lightning sword
- Hundreds of distinct powerups and items
- Loads of secret areas and items
- A permadeath option allowing for more intense playthroughs
- Free DLC including new items, crafting combinations and an extra boss
- Online leaderboards
If you are interested in checking out Songbringer and picking it up on the eShop, you can grab it right now for $19.99 / £15.99 / €19.99.
Hey look, it’s Jack, The Indie Game Website’s resident Australian! Fan of Shovel Knight, Hollow Knight and all things metroidvania. Part of our core news team, Jack believes games are more than just entertainment.