Battle the forces of evil in this fantasy arcade action game.
Causal Bit Games have released a new trailer to show off their arcade brawler Battle Princess Madelyn, a game that seeks to hark back to the heyday of games such as Ghouls N’ Ghosts and Wonder Boy 3: The Dragon’s Trap.
Battle Princess Madelyn is a game that follows the journey of a young knight in training, Madelyn, and her ghostly pet dog, Fritzy. They set out on a journey to save her kingdom and her family from the clutches of an evil wizard.
Players can join Madelyn as she battles through graveyards, swamps, castles, the countryside and more, promising polished gameplay, vibrant visuals, a great dual soundtracks and epic adventures await.
Some key features are:
- A mix of fast paced classic arcade action with the adventure elements of classic console games from the golden age of console gaming.
- Amazingly detailed hand drawn pixel art brought to life by the magical lighting of the Unity Engine.
- Find all of the collectibles hidden throughout the stages for extra rewards, and additional hidden stages!
- 10 levels, each of which include up to 5 stages – including 1 or 2 branching hidden stages!
- 10 types of weapons which change with the 3 sets of armor found in game!
- Up to 10 unique enemies per level!
- Your ghostly dog companion, Fritzy, gains powers as you progress through the game allowing you to unlock puzzles and otherwise inaccessible areas of stages!
- An original story written by a professional children’s author.
Battle Princess Madelyn will be available for PC, Xbox One, PlayStation®4, PS Vita, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Wii U later this year.
Kate has been gaming since she could control a mouse. In addition to having a penchant for indie games, Kate had a World of Warcraft account when she was far too young, and has a weakness for any game with ‘RPG’ in the description.