Fight epic battles in outer space in a game inspired by Japanese fiction.
Italian indie studio Drakkar Dev and Green Man Gaming announced today the release of their mech space fighting game War Tech Fighters for PC. In it players will get involved in high octane battles in order to save the galaxy from the evil Zatros Empire.
Like any mech lover would want, War Tech Fighters features both long range and close quarters combat, allowing users to engage in gun fights or even take out their sword and slash enemies away. With many mechs to unclock and customize, War Tech Fighters looks a lot like a Pacific Rim video game, and for that we can’t complain.
“As anyone who experienced War Tech Fighters in Early Access will know, we’ve looked to bring together the best elements from Japanese Anime and Hollywood Blockbusters into one explosive package,” says Manlio Greco, CEO of Drakkar Dev in their latest press release, in which they also specified some of the game’s features:
- Fully Equipped War Tech – Destroy your enemies in long-range combat with guns and missiles, or get up close and personal with swords and shields.
- Dual camera view – play and fight in Third or First person.
- Customization – Hundreds and thousands of combinations of mech parts, weapons, and colors to truly stand out on the battlefield.
- Upgrades – Three base robot sets, each with specific bonuses, and over 180 upgradable robot parts, swords and shields
- Research & Development – Research new upgrade projects to enhance your War Tech, and develop weapons ranging from missile launchers to antimatter cannons.
- Level Up – Gain experience through combat to level up your War Tech pilot to gain improved attack and defence bonuses.
- Unlockable Special Projects – Explore space and collect hidden project parts to gain access to new War Tech sets, new swords, new shields and research projects.
- Intense Single Player Missions – Experience 33 missions of Captain Nathan Romanis’ battle across the galaxy.
- Simulator Bridge – Train your War Tech by replaying missions, or take on special Challenges to gain experience and add-ons to improve your machine.
- Survival Mode – Test yourself to the limit in three deadly infinite survival arenas, and walk away with special rewards. Compete with other players trying to reach for the top in a global leaderboard.
The game’s main story revolves around the evil alien Zatros Empire and our mission of proctecting the Ares and Hebos colonies from them. It’s 3D space shooting environment seems to be an exciting way of carrying out great battles, while its first person mode adds some more control options over the chaos.
“The sheer scale of the space battles, with players switching rapidly between ranged and close combat, is incredible to watch. Balancing between the two approaches creates incredible variety in gameplay, as does the amount of time gamers spend customising their mechs to represent their own inimitable style.”, said Greco.
War Tech Fighters is out today for $14.99, £9.99, €14,99. Players can also benefit from a 50% discount during launch week.