An open-world futuristic city ready to be explored with style.
French indie studio Midgar Studios, together with publishers at Plug In Digital, have announced today the release for Playstation 4 of their high-octane, adrenaline-filled action parkour game Hover. With a price tag of $24.99/24.99€, Hover will be also available for Xbox One tomorrow (September 19th) and on the 20th for Nintendo Switch, with cross-platform support.
In its core, Hover is a single and multiplayer parkour game based in a futuristic, neon-painted city, where players will have full freedom to explore and navigate this open-world environment as the wish while completing missions and following its narrative. “The game takes place in ECP17, a high-tech city also called Hover City by its inhabitants and located on a distant planet. The Great Admin cut the communication with the Galactic Union and established a strong dictatorship. Having fun has become illegal and entertainment is banished.”, expressed Midgar Studios in its latest press release.
Our fully customizable character leads a young rebellion that intends to put a stop to the Great Admin’s dictatorship with support of high-tec gadgets and gear that allow them to traverse ECP17 with speed, style and effectiveness. In the midst of the hype produced by the latest Spider Man game instalment, Hover is a great indie alternative with similar action and freedom in a large city.
Midgar Studios listed Hover’s main features as follows:
- An amazing City: Hover City is a huge futuristic colorful city. Its buildings offer breathtaking vertical playgrounds.
- Astonishing moves: Slide, bounce, dash and wall-jump through Hover City thanks to your high-tech suit.
- Online multiplayer: Join your friends online at any time and continue the adventure together, whether you are cooperating or working against them. Participate in races, events or score battles created in real time by the community.
- Level up mechanics: Gain experience and unlock chips that improve the aptitudes of your character. You can trade your spare chips in order to get better ones through the E-Swap trading system.
- A customizable experience: Instantly switch from single to multiplayer, whenever you want. Play first or third person or activate the auto camera that mixes both and offers you a dynamic experience.
- A dynamic J-Pop inspired soundtrack: composed by Cedric Menendez, with the participation of Hideki Naganuma (Jet Set Radio, Yakuza series).
- Cross-platform*: No barriers allowed! Xbox One, Nintendo Switch™ and PC players will be able to play all together. PlayStation®4 owners will be able to encounter PC users. Also, PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and PC users will be able to invite players from their platform’s friend lists.
You can pick up Hover right now for Playstation 4 for $24.99/24.99€. Its Xbox One release is scheduled for tomorrow and for the 20th for Nintendo Switch.
Our boy from Buenos Aires, Juan has been a gamer for as long as he can remember (and possibly even longer than that). He loves a good story, and believes every indie game has a compelling one to tell.