Enter and play a dark, unforgiving, top-down action roguelike!
Soulblight, the top-down action roguelite developed by My Next Games, is today launching on the Nintendo Switch eShop! Explore the shattered reality of the Sanctuary and while doing so, make choices to receive unique personality traits or as they are called in-game, Taint’s. Choose to get drunk? Be rewarded for doing so. However, the consequences of being sober afterwards may be unbearable. Soulblight asks the important question around your moral limits: Gluttony, lust, cannibalism – how far are you willing to go to survive?
As you go deeper into the Sanctuary, you will be able to add more Taints to your character’s personality, making the shifting levels of the dungeon itself a kind of skill tree. However, with each new Taint, you’re a step closer to the point of no return. Are you ready and are you sure that you know where that it? Some of Soulblight’s key features also include:
- A unique Tainting Mechanic designed to encourage role-playing
- Tons of weapons, armour, and utility items
- Dynamic and tactical combat built around stamina management and distance control
- Optional stealth approach that complements fighting
- Randomly generated, visually breathtaking levels
- High difficulty level emphasised by permadeath mechanics
- Gameplay driven narrative
If you are interested in checking out Soulblight, be sure to head over to the Nintendo eShop, where you can find it for £10.99 / $14.99.
Hey look, it’s Jack, The Indie Game Website’s resident Australian! Fan of Shovel Knight, Hollow Knight and all things metroidvania. Part of our core news team, Jack believes games are more than just entertainment.