Narrative cyberpunk delivery game Cloudpunk announced
Unravel a corporate conspiracy from the driver’s seat.
Berlin based indie developers at ION LANDS, creators of Phoning Home, unveiled today their upcoming new title, Cloudpunk. This narrative-driven cyberpunk delivery game will be out in 2019 and promises some pretty cool vehicle gameplay and a deep story to unravel.
In Cloudpunk, players take the role of a delivery car driver from the not-so-legal company Cloudpunk Inc, flying and transporting things and people through the the sprawling fictional city of Nivalis. With its neon lights and blade runner inspired sights, Nivalis promises to be a very cool setting for any fan of the genre.
But what ION LANDS has explained is that Cloudpunk is centered not only on its deep gameplay and map design, but on its story and the way it unveiles itself through different characters that players will meet while doing their jobs. This reminds us of what The Red Strings Club did back at the beginning of 2018 with its cast of colourful characters and masterful storytelling. “Everyone has a story to tell, and in the course of one night in Nivalis, everything will change”, reads Cloudpunk’s announcement press release.
As they’ve stated, this new cyberpunk title will feature the following key aspects:
- Explore an immense vertical cyberpunk city with your hover car and on foot
- Unravel mysteries in a world of corporate conspiracy, hackers and rogue AI through the eyes of Rania
- Meet a diverse range of characters and immerse yourself in their everyday lives
- Your decisions will have a lasting impact on the inhabitants of Nivalis
- Discover hidden places and items unlocking additional stories
ION LANDS is encouraging streamers and youtubers to contact them if they wish to be a part of a beta testing and sharing.
As of today, Cloudpunk’s release date is set to be at some point in 2019.