Speedrunning just got tricky.
Fasted-paced single player platform racing game Razed has drifting onto the Nintendo Switch and PS4. Released on the PC back in September, Razed has garnered mixed reviews (including ours) but this may be a title that is better suited to the quick movements of the console.
Players will have to drift through complicated neon levels as fast as they can, using up dynamic skills such as super-speed bursts, mega-jumps, drifts, stomps and strafes to bypass obstacles and uncover shortcuts. But according the games Steam page there’s a catch: ”powers cost momentum, and if your energy falls too low your shoes (and you) could very well explode.” So, if you want to avoid exploding, it might be best to conserve your energy.
Key features of the game include:
- 60 dynamic levels: spread across six unique worlds, each with a distinct visual style, unlockable ability and pulse-pounding boss battle.
- Chart your own course: Veer off the beaten path and carve your own way through levels to achieve seemingly impossible times and unlock the S ranks.
- Online leaderboards: Challenge the world via online leaderboards.
- Fuss-free speedrunning: Falling short of your target time? Jab the restart button to return to the start of the level without any loading times.
- Secret challenge levels: Employ all your abilities to root out the hidden levels and tackle RAZED’s toughest maps head-on.
If racing is your game, Razed is available now on PS4 and Nintendo Switch.
Kate has been gaming since she could control a mouse. In addition to having a penchant for indie games, Kate had a World of Warcraft account when she was far too young, and has a weakness for any game with ‘RPG’ in the description.