Retro racing game is getting a new mode.
Horizon Chase Turbo, the retro racing game that originally released for PC in May 2018, is getting a brand new update to its PS4 edition in celebration of it being place in PS4’s Playstation Essential Sale. The game is currently 25% off for American audiences only.
Included in the new update are new ways to customise your car, such as new car skins and colours, and the new Playground mode. The Playground mode is a ”rotative competition”. It presents five new races each time which are time-limited. These ”Time Attack” races are unpredictable, anything can happen right down to sandstorms in Iceland.
Horizon Chase Turbo core idea is to pay homage to classic 16-bit racers that were known for they’re high-speed and frenetic fun. This is a game that wants you to get a burst of nostalgia complete with catchy music and offering split-screen multiplayer and a low-poly art style.
According to Steam the game’s main features include:
- 4K resolution graphics
- Amazing old-style split-screen multiplayer up to 4 players
- Music by Barry Leitch, Sound Designer in 90s racing classics such as Top Gear and Lotus Turbo Challenge, among others
- Tons of content: 12 Cups, 48 Cities, 109 tracks, 31 Unlockable Cars and 12 Upgrades
- Challenge your friends in an Online Competitive Ghost Mode
- Make History by adding your name among Friends’ and Global Leaderboards
Horizon Chase Turbo is available on PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch and PC. To find out more about the racer, visit it Steam page.
Kate has been gaming since she could control a mouse. In addition to having a penchant for indie games, Kate had a World of Warcraft account when she was far too young, and has a weakness for any game with ‘RPG’ in the description.